D-LINK router Login & Setup
Go through the website & read technical proved login & setup Process on D-Link Router. Moreover, read troubleshooting guides to get the complete solution of D-link Router issues.
Configure & Connect D-Link Router Local
To begin the login process, first you noted down the steps below- How to connect D-link Router.
Focus on below requirements, what things we need to login D-link Router.
Configuration – What You Need to Start the Router Local Process
First you need to complete the requirements. Here the Requirements list:
- Power adapter
- Ethernet cable
- Wi-Fi Configuration Card
- Quick Install Guide
After collecting these things, you must be able to start the further process myrouter.local login.
Before preceding the process, ensure that the Ethernet cable is attached to modem or an active data jack to the Ethernet port in back of your router
Connect Computer using D-link Wireless Router
Follow the below steps to connect d-link wireless router to computer, do the below steps:
- First and foremost, connect your D-Link router to a power source and turn it on.
- Next, plug-in the Ethernet cable from your modem into the router’s WAN port.
- If you want wired connection then, plug-in one end of the Ethernet cable into the computer’s Ethernet port and another end connect into the router’s Ethernet port.
- If you want wireless connection then, establish a wireless connection first; click the Network icon on the taskbar of your computer.
- A list appears on your screen, from the list of networks, select the SSID of your router network.
- Last, enter the password for the network and click on the “Connect” option to join the network.
After connecting your D-link Router to the Network, after that you are able to set-up your D-link Router.
D-Link Router Local Login & Setup Process Manual
You can configure it in just a few minutes and once you have configured the router and set it up, your Wi-Fi connection will set up then, after which you will be able to connect to the internet through your D-Link Router.
Before proceeding, ensure that the Ethernet cable is attached to the modem or an active data jack to the Ethernet port in back of your router.
Follow these steps to set up your D-Link Router –
The First and foremost, power on your D-Link Router.
Second, connect your PC to the router using an Ethernet Cable or Wi-Fi.
Once your PC is connected, open a web browser according to your choice and enter 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 and tap on Enter key. Alternatively, you can use following links instead of the default gateway address; http://dlinkrouter or http://dlinkrouter.local
Now, on a next screen a login page will appear. Enter the Login Credential. If you are new user or you don’t know exact username and password then enter the default. The default username is “admin” and the password field is to be left blank and click on the Login button.
After doing these, you can configure and set up your router using the Internet Connection Setup Wizard.
Next, check under Wireless Setup and enter SSID (Wi-Fi Name) and Key (Password).
Under WAN Setup choose Connect type: DHCP/PPPoE/Static (You can ask your ISP about your internet connection and the essential details).
After you have configured your internet connection successfully, you can then click on Save to save changes and the router will now connect to the Internet.
You can then visit the Wireless Settings and by following the on-screen instructions set up your Wi-Fi Network including its SSID and password.
You can successfully login and set-up your D-Link router, by following these above steps.
In case, you want to login your D-link Router with your own password. Because a separate password is more secure then the default. Then, you have to change your D-link Password.
Can’t Access D-Link Router Local Setup Process
Learn below instructions after that go to the solution process.
- Due to wrong Username and Password
- Might be signal interference create a problem
- May be modem and d-link extender not connected properly with each other
- Confirm that your Internet wire is not crack
- Make sure you are using high speed internet connection
- Might be outdated firmware and drivers of router is the reason of the problem
Understand the above reason behind the problem and think first always when you start the solution. Because, when you keep this thing in your mind then there is less chance of mistake.
Steps To Set Up Your D-Link Router
Steps are as follows:
- First, plug-in the d-link extender into an electrical source.
- Wait until one minute; press the WPS button on the Wi-Fi router.
- Now, wait for a while for the LED to turn green.
- When the connection is recognized between the D-Link extender and the router then, the LED spontaneously will turn solid green.
Hope by doing these, you will be able to d-link router setup.
D-Link Router Local Login - 192.168.1.1
Here are the steps:
- Open a web browser on your PC and type the default web address dlinkap.local of the D-Link extender.
- Next, use the default IP address of the extender i.e. http://192.168.0.50.
- Now, on the next screen you can see the D-Link login page; enter the d-link default login credentials.
- After entering the credential, click on ‘Login’.
If you can’t D-link Router login with the above steps then, reset your router. And, resolve your issue in one step.
Change D-Link Router Login or Admin Password
If you are using default Username and password then, there are lots of chances a mess up with the settings of your T-P Link Router Login by third person then, you will have to reset your router to factory username and password defaults.
Follow the below explaining steps- how to change Wi-Fi password in D-Link router.
- First and foremost, explore an Internet Browser on the device which is presently connected to your network.
- Second, enter the default address of the D-Link router on the address bar of the browser to open its “admin” page.
- Now, Enter the User Name as “admin” & the Password as “Password” in the corresponding text fields.
- Next, select the Wireless tab present at the top of the page.
- Move to the Wireless Security Mode.
- Now, enable the WPA 2 option in the “Wireless Security mode” for a secured network.
- Click the Passphrase field and start entering your new password, after that Re-enter the password in the Confirm Pass Phrase field & tap on save button to save changes.
Most probably, you are able to change your Wi-Fi D-link Password by doing these above mentioned steps.
In case you are unable to login and set-up the D-link Router. Go- through with below troubleshooting steps and try to resolve your D-link set-up and login issue.
D-Link Router Local Firmware Update Process
Here are the steps to update firmware:
Open your web browser and type “192.168.0.1” into your Web browser’s address bar and press “Enter.”
Now, select “Admin” on the login screen, provide your password and click “Log In.” if you Have not set a custom password then, leave the password field blank.
After this, Click the “Tools” tab at the top of the router page and click “Firmware” at the left side.
Now, Tap on the “Check Now” button to check for firmware updates for your D-Link router. In case the button is not showing up on your screen, note the number displayed to the right of Current Firmware Version and open the D-Link support website at Dlink.com/Support, search the page for your router model, click on the “Support” tab, in last click “Firmware” and check the new versions.
After searching new updated firmware, download an updated firmware on your device and save into your device
Click on the browse button on the firmware page and select the file that you have saved, double click on it.
Click on upload to upload the firmware file and install it.
Most Common Error of D-Link Router Local
WHY D-LINK ROUTER WON’T WORKING
D-LINK ROUTER DROPPING INTERNET CONNECTION
RED LIGHT ISSUE ON D-LINK
HOW TO CHANGE D-LINK LOGIN AND SET-UP SETTING
HOW TO RESET D-LINK ROUTER
CAN’T LOGIN WITH MY D-LINK
WON’T ABLE TO OPEN ADMIN PAGE OF D-LINK
INTERNET CONNECTION ERROR ON D-LINK ROUTER
HOW TO RESOLVE 1320 ISSUE ON D-LINK
D-LINK WI-FI PASSWORD CHANGE
Reset My D-link Router To Factory Default Settings
Try these below steps and reset your D-Link router:
- Hopefully your router is powered on.
- Then, turn your router r and find out the RESET button on the bottom.
- Use the paper clip or similar object, press and hold down the RESET button for at least 10 seconds.
- By following above steps, your range extender will begin to reboot and will perform a full factory reset.
If you face an issue on D-link router then, resolve in one step to update your D-link Router Firmware. Update your D-link Router Firmware and Resolve your every issue on D-link Routers.
Frequently Asked Question
Open any web browser of your choice and type http://dlinkrouter or http://dlinkrouter.local or http://192.168.0.1 into the address bar. On the next screen, prompt to enter username password. Enter default username and password. The default username is “Admin” and the password is blank means nothing.
Open your Internet browser and enter the password for your Admin account in the field provided. Now locate the Wireless Settings from the drop down menus. In the Password field, require the new wireless password for the desired wireless band.
First and foremost, turn on your router and connect it to your computer with an Ethernet cable. Next, open the web browser and type “http://192.168.1.1” into the address bar. Last, enter the correct router login/password credential and click on the login button.
The solution to this problem is to change the IP address of the router by factory reset of the router. http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1 these both are the default D-link IP addresses. Try to access d-link with mydlink.com in the address bar of the browser and access your D-link.
Make sure your Router is powered on, press and hold the Reset button on the back of the router for more than 10 seconds, wait until the system LED starts to flash. Release the button and wait for the router to reboot D-link router to factory reset.